The pineal gland is known as the “seat of the soul”. The pineal gland is responsible for your sleep/wake cycle, dreams, emotions, behavior, intuition, memory, learning, body temperature and skin, hair, and eye colors. Located in the middle of your brain, tucked in between the two hemispheres, the pineal gland is associated with the 6th chakra, known as the ajna or brow chakra. Lessons of the brow chakra include: discerning truth from illusion, spiritual growth and evolution, trusting intuition, and intelligence just to name a few.
The pineal gland was once considered to be an organ with no function. Nowadays, science and medicine accept its mundane functions while mystics have always known about its spiritual and supernatural abilities. This list serves as an educational tool to catalog various facts about the fascinating pineal gland:
- pineal gland is small, about the size of a pea
- pineal becomes calcified around puberty
- pineal produces serotonin which is considered the “happy hormone”
- pineal produces melatonin which is considered the “hormone of darkness”
- during meditation, the pineal and pituitary glands have been shown to vibrate in unison
- pineal produces DMT (dimethyltryptamine) which is known for otherwordly spiritual experiences
- pineal gland got its name because it resembles a pine cone
- Vatican City has a large statue in the shape of a pine cone in the Courtyard of the PineCone (See picture)
- pineal has the second highest blood flow in the body next to the kidneys
- pineal accumulates the most fluoride in the body and this is one reason for its calcification
- on the back of the US one-dollar bill is an image of a “third eye” (See picture)
- pineal is outside of the blood-brain-barrier which technically makes it not in the brain
- pineal has a lens, cornea, and retina like your physical eyes
- pineal is light sensitive so it is stimulated by light
- ELF waves (extremely low frequency) adversely affects the pineal gland
- unplugging all electronic devices (ELF devices) while you are asleep will help increase dream recall, lucidity and astral projection
- herbs like mugwort, wood betony, alfalfa, parsley, and gotu kola are great for the pineal
- alkaline and distilled water help decalcify the pineal
Written by S. Ali Myers
Share anywhere you like but please provide a link back to this article and credit authorship (by S. Ali Myers).
Thank you for visiting 3rdEyeActivation.com! We offer metaphysical, spiritual, and occultinformation, products, classes, and intuitive counseling. Be sure to follow S. Ali Myers onTwitter and Facebook.