Many people nowadays are having spiritual awakenings and becoming more conscious. Consciousness simply means awareness and my question is always, “what are you aware of”?
Defining spirituality and what it takes to grow spiritually can be challenging concepts for most people. This may be one of the main reasons why most people are not growing spiritually; because, we have no reference point and focus.
Spirituality is the polar compliment (polarity) of physicality. Spirituality is the practice of connecting with the divine essence within each of us and everything in existence. Spirituality is the act of cultivating the soul. Spirituality is remembering that you are part of the Creator while being in a physical body.
Here’s a list of 7 reasons why you may not be growing spiritually…
- Being stuck in the Matrix – Falling for the illusion that everything is solid, measurable, and all you see is what there is, is being stuck in the Matrix. This is a major spiritual block because it’s hard to see the Spirit in what you see. Science and most cultures in antiquity will both agree that everything is energy and energy is unseen to the physical eye.
- Blaming others for YOUR problems – Earth is a school for you to learn different aspects of yourself. What many perceive as challenges, tests, difficulties, and setbacks are only lessons that we chose at a soul level to learn from. The people involved are only playing their role in your movie to help you become the hero!
- Not believing in reincarnation – Most cultures in the world have a belief in the concept of reincarnation. Reincarnation was also an early belief in Christianity before the councils started establishing dogma and canonized doctrine. To know that you’ve had many lives explains why you have natural gifts and talents and why you are the way you are. To get off the wheel of reincarnation one must dissolve their karma.
- No understanding of karma – For every action there’s an opposite and equal reaction. You reap what you sow. Do unto others as you would have them do to you. All three statements are common expressions of karma. Karma means balance. You get what you put out. Put out or think “good” then you receive “good”. This is a simple concept but somewhat difficult to do when stuck in the Matrix or illusion.
- Have Not discovered a life purpose – On a general level we are all playing out our script on earth. But, many people live a very unfulfilled life. This is mainly because there’s no sense of purpose. When you consciously know what you are here to do and contribute to humanity, you automatically grow spiritually. Metaphysical sciences like astrology and numerology can help one determine their life’s purpose. Check out our Workshops & Life Purpose Readings
- Too many distractions – Facebook, television, Twitter, work, gossip, celebrities, politics, conspiracy theories and the likes are all distractions if it’s not helping you grow. Everything listed can be used for spiritual growth but many get caught up in the hype and external focuses. You can not exponentially grow spiritually by constantly looking outside of self.
- Not seeking guidance – Many of us in no way, shape or form are capable of growing without some form of teaching or study. A teacher or line of study is important to establish a foundation for our spiritual work. Without this foundation many people are not grounded and spend a lot of time accomplishing very little. It shows a willingness to grow when we humble ourselves and follow the examples of those who are already where we are trying to go.
Written by S. Ali Myers
Share anywhere you like but please provide a link back to this article and credit authorship (by S. Ali Myers).
FREE Meditation MP3 when you join our mailing list!